As Jesus lived among those whom he came to save, we seek to plant churches where we live, and we understand that to be a follower of Jesus is to be a “sent” person. As Jesus spoke the very words of truth and grace, so we seek to plant churches where people speak the truth in love and grace. And as Jesus showed mercy even to those who would reject him, so we also seek plant churches where people show mercy to those who are in need around them, even if the message is rejected.
WHAT IDENTIFIES A LIBERTI CHURCH?
Liberti Churches can be identified by essential character traits that are expressed and lived out within the Liberti Network of churches. These particular convictions flow from the Gospel and shape how Liberti churches relate to God in worship, each other in community and the world in mercy:
- Liberti Churches see all of life, the scriptures, and the church through the lens of the Gospel and teach with the understanding that all of the scriptures point to Jesus, seeking to motivate people with the Gospel and not with moralism, intellectualism, or mere experience.
- Liberti Churches are led by pastors and elders that embrace the Reformed articulation of the Christian faith exhibiting a great humility, confidence, and joy because of our Reformed convictions.
- Liberti Churches seek to reflect the community in which they gather, rooting themselves in the particular place and context that God has placed them in.
- Liberti Churches are hospitable, welcoming those who have yet to embrace Christianity but willing to have their questions, doubts, and struggles honored and addressed.
- Liberti Churches cultivate community where people are called to see themselves and each other not as consumers of “church" but as covenantal members in the body of Christ.
- Liberti Churches are committed to demonstrating the compassion and justice of the Gospel in tangible ways, to the neediest people and most broken places in our contexts.
- Liberti Churches are committed to partnering with all of Christ’s church that confess historic Christian faith as churches in mission together.
- Liberti Churches rehearse and narrate the movements of the Gospel in our worship gatherings, and we seek to benefit from the riches of historic Christian worship and also find fresh ways to express these riches in our worship gatherings.